Friday, October 1, 2010

Bloody Sun Rises (warning some graphic imagery is used)



Black Metal









Nina took this and I felt like it fit the post well haha 




A poem I wrote in advisory today which helped came up with my idea for this post






Bloody Sun rises


In Corruptions, ill support;


Succubus and inccubi


Afflict my rotting heart






Abominations marauded in the harsh, red glow of Hell,


It's funny how Satan comes with laughing joy and bells.






And God will cry, God will fall


GOD IS DEAD TODAY!!


Doth Satan cry to sky;






And all we follow anarchy


Succubus and inccubi. 













I'm gonna be giving any reader of this a fair warning that this is most likely one of my most GRAPHIC post I've done so far which you will know why by the end. After talking to some of my good friends Caleb and Ernesto about Black Metal I was thinking meh why not talk about it I like to give a background story to all the sub-genres of metal so hold on to your bibles kiddies this may get ugly. 






The reason I talked about this one in particular is due to the theory I believe this to be the most influential form of metal ever to made to this day and I don't mean the influential feeling of "hey guys lets go make some music". No I mean the "burning of christian churches" kind of influence as I hope to see what I just said got your attention. 







Lets start out with one of the most controversial and ugliest Black Metal band to ever come out of Norway. Gorgoroth started back in Norway one of the second waves of the Norwegian Black Metal scene. 










Gaahl 










creepy dude huh? 








The main controversy that revolves around the whole band is Frontman Gaahl The Most Hated Man In Norway. With his horrifying screeching vocals where I can't understand a damn word he is saying. "From April–December 2006, Gaahl spent another nine months (of a fourteen month sentence) in prison. He was accused of assaulting and torturing a man for six hours while collecting his blood into a cup and threatening to make him drink it.The victim received a total of 190,000 NOK (32,424 US$).






Gaahl maintains that he was acting in self-defense, claiming that: I was the one who was attacked, but they think I punished him too hard. As I always say, when people cross my line ... then I will be the one to decide what their punishment will be". As you can see from reading what this man has committed is beyond what some people in the world can do it's pretty shocking.... 






This is where he was raised 







He had a pretty bad childhood as well living in a shack with only his mom and dad with the nearest neighbor being over 10 miles away. If that wasn't bad enough from K-12 he went to the same school with only one other kid his whole school life. Then by the end of it the other kid killed himself.. His political views and yes his religious views I actually support as well excluding the violent actions of the burning of the christian churches in Norway. 






As much as I would love to see the end of organized religion, violence isn't the answer. If we did so then we wouldn't be any better than some of the major religious extremist groups who act out in violence. As for the band the rest if history there is actually quite a bit to talk about but it would take me ages to write about. p.s at the end of this post I will have photos of some of the graphic imagery that the bands mention used to send their message out to society. 











The other major controversial band in the Black Metal genre: Mayhem. A ugly, disgusting, and morbid band that has been through murder and suicide. Along with Gorgoroth, Mayhem has notorious for the live shows they would perform as the lead singer would cut himself with hunting knives and shards of glass! The stage would be covered in pentagrams, skulls, goat heads on pikes, crucified mannequins covered in blood etc.







Back in April 8, 1991 the vocalist at the time Per Yngve Ohlin (aka Dead) committed suicide by gunshot wound to the head. The morbid part about this story was that the band didn't even go to the cops! Instead bandmade/guitarist Euronymous went to a general store. Bought a disposable camera then re-arranged the scene of the suicide and TOOK A PICTURE OF THE BODY WITH THE BRAINS ALL OVER THE TABLE. The band later used the horrifying picture as one of the live album covers which sparked major media attention. 






This was the look on his face during his sentence! 







But that wasn't the end of the media attention.....Band member Varg Vinkernes (who I would call the most notorious and evil metal musician of all time) got into a conflict with fellow band-mate Euronymous and ended up stabbing him 23 TIMES!. I won't even go into the details of the crime. In court he was sentenced to 21 years in prison for murder and arson (he also burned down churches) but only served 15 on good behavior and was released in 2009 for parole. 



Now I bet your all shocked and I was too. I can't truly defend this bands for what the violence they did and I could never truly understand the major actions they cause such as the church fires. I honestly listen to it for entertainment purposes ONLY. I have no intentions of burning a church down anytime soon....






Favorites





Behemoth 










Cradle of Filth 










Dimmu Borgir!!!!! 








If you actually took the time to read this whole post then wow your amazing seriously no joke! Because I finally built up the courage to give an overview about the most extreme genre of all time!! Whenever I post something that's angry or sad I think I'll put up a pic to lighten up the mood so here's toby trying to hold a tennis ball!! 
















Now if you truly really really actually wanna see the graphic images I was mentioning about then feel free to scroll down at your own free will. One pic will have the infamous album art with the corpse and the typical stage set up all the bands use. This is your last warning if you don't wanna see these pics or if you do see them accidentally feel free to tell me to remove them and I will in a heartbeat I'm not posting them to shock you but to reinforce what I mean by what these bands are for. 


\


























































































































































































































































































































































































ALRIGHT DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts