Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Delgado Theory of Music



Below is a paper I wrote for my writing circle in English yay finally we an actual assignment!! It's not perfect due to the fact that I did it in like 15 minutes but I think it sends my message pretty well across I plan on adding more to it 




















The Delgado Theory of Music 




Music, an overwhelming and most powerful form of truly expressing your inner feelings. Which at the same time it can be misinterpreted and banished from some societies due to it’s context or image. Music is the layout of an individual’s psyche. That which is our form of an inner sanctuary which then can help us cope with the hard times of life and even then people who don’t like music truly don’t understand the power of that. 




My theory states that there are many different types of sanctuaries of our minds in music and there is: the sanctuary of brutality or tranquility, the sanctuary innocence or corruption, and the sanctuary of intellectuality or tomfoolery. Any of those can apply to us or even all of them. In some cases they all can flow together and become what I would label as “True Music”. 




Music can affect our moods, social interactions, our vocabulary,personality, and even our beliefs. This is where music is horribly interpreted and stereotyped in society for an example the Columbine shooting in Colorado was executed by two male teens and the media took notice that they just happened to listen to Marilyn Manson and came to an absurd conclusion that Marilyn Manson supposedly help inspired the two to commit the crime which took the lives of 15 (including the two shooters who committed suicide in the end) and injured 24. 




The stereotypes that revolve around music is a rather sad issue as well even if there a positive. Say that you listen to Classic music or Indie most people will come to a conclusion that you’re an intelligent being who has high moral rights which is not always true due to some personal experiences I’ve had. Then if you listen to Metal, Rap, or Punk the majority will think that you are a thorn in society’s thigh and that you’re a low life with no future. The stereotypes of the music world need to end I myself typically judge people by what music they listen to but in the end who doesn’t? We all should learn to accept other people’s taste. Even if we hate it we should come to the conclusion that not if everyone is like you and you need to accept that





Well it's finally fall break and it couldn't of came at a better time!! Although I still got two other mid terms to take this will be really relaxing couple of days for me nothing but some fun partying and some Gears of War 2 to keep me happy. 






Today I was able to make it to band practice where it was nothing but Metal it such an amazing time I never felt so involved with what I love most!! 






The only down side to this day was when I was working on my paper and Affy was helping then this little piece of shit starting saying "Hey turn off that music we we don't wanna listen to screamo." (IT WAS FREAKING IN FLAMES YOU DUMB SHIT GOD DID YOUR PARENTS THROW YOU DOWN THE STAIRS WHEN YOU WERE A BABY OR SOMETHING!?) I didn't say anything but Affy just told the dumb fuck to shut up but man oh man me and affy were pissed I wanted dunk his head in a tub full of battery acid then the guy ask "What's Physical Science??" Um what do you think it is you unwanted child..... Damn this little tard just got dumber by the minute.... Well any who time go to bed night all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts