Monday, December 19, 2011

Black Winter

So I been on my break since last tuesday, but I heavily neglected this blog (sadly) due to my other contributions to this other website a friend and I created.

This month is a month of cheer, but also a month of grim for some (like me). 

I remember when my grandpa died and how horribly devastated I was knowing he was gone.

Also two men who inspire me musically were taken away from us this time of the year


Dimebag Darrel (August 20, 1966-December 8, 2004)
This heavy metal legend who played for Pantera and Damageplan was shot and killed on stage during a Damageplan concert by crazed fan Nathan gale. He is greatly missed by the heavy metal community and those who knew him personally. I remember back in 7th grade when I started listening to Pantera and how much energy flowed through their amazing albums. Sadly no more tunes by this man will be created. We will never forget you Dimebag.



Chuck Schuldiner ( May 13, 1967-December 13, 2001)
Known as "The Father of Death Metal". Chuck Schuldiner started Death which put Death in Death Metal (say that 10x fast). The man was the singer, songwriter, and guitarist for the band. He was a genius who created a whole new sub-genre of Metal. His music came into my life in 9th grade when I was looking for heavier bands and this guy instantly grabbed my attention. Sadly though he died in his fight against brain cancer. 



I will never forget these guys as long as I live.

Makes me wish the talent-less "musicians" of this time would of died off instead of these guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts