Monday, November 21, 2011

Children Haven


Phew, last week and this week so far has been one very bumpy ride. I had an exam, quizzes, and a rough draft for a major paper in english to do. I'm excited for the break to start after tomorrow!! (although I work so eh...). Today was extremely tiring. After school Caleb and I headed to the Boys and Girls Club and were there from 2:30 till around 7ish. I love being there and helping the kids, but it's very draining by the end of the night. I was all over the place following kids and I even helped five kids at a time with their homework. I had no idea I was even capable to teach these kids math (although it was like 3-5th grade math).

I hung around the two coolest little guys I have ever met! I would have a picture of them on here, but clearly I don't have their parent's permission. Any who these guys are little brothers named Joel and Josesais ages 9 and 6. Poor guys were separated from each other because they had different teachers, but I gotta pull some strings and I got them into the same class :). Sadly the two of them got picked on a bit by the other kids since they were really short compared to the others. I honestly wanted to smack the back of the heads of those little shits that would not leave them alone.

Another thing is that I'm kinda shocked by this generation of children more than the teens. By 9 or 8 they already want cellphones! Now tell me what kid at that age needs a freaking phone? I remember not getting one till around 13 and that was because we got it for free and I didn't care for phones much back then. Plus I even saw one kid with a BLACKBERRY! Really? It was even better than mine...what the hell...

I still haven't even gotten over them constantly singing the current hit songs playing now. Mostly "Every Day I'm Shuffling" and Justin Bieber and those songs...are just....ya god awful....

I also question on the parenting skills on these kids, but what can I say I like to be a skeptic on just about everything.

Sadly though after volunteering there I kinda question if I ever want kids...Seriously if I had kids like some of those trouble makers I would go mad.


1 comment:

  1. aww, dommy and little kids! ;) eww... why would they need cell phones?? this is so sad...

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts